Username: Password:
Click here to login with Social Networks

Author Topic: How do you remove lead paint?  (Read 1458 times)

Offline GreenJeans

How do you remove lead paint?
« on: March 05, 2015, 01:30:51 PM »
There are still plenty of houses out there with lead paint.  How do you get rid of it?  Do you do it yourself or do you hire a professional?

Offline KathleenHayton

Re: How do you remove lead paint?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 01:18:16 AM »
If lead paint is chipping or peeling, or if it's on a surface such as a windowsill or stair rail where children can chew on it, then the lead paint should be removed or covered. Painted surfaces that rub on each other, such as doors and windows, require special attention to stop the friction. And if the paint has been damaged by other problems, such as water damage due to leaks, then the underlying problem should be fixed first. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 09:17:19 AM by admin »

Offline MarcioWilges

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 10:55:25 PM »
Whatever it is, make sure that you get a proper removalist to help you work that lead paint. You want to make sure that you clear it out properly and don't leave behind any residues. If it is as toxic as they say, you don't want to take any chances.

Offline louiesims

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 06:19:25 AM »
I can't tell you the exact remedy to this,But I can help you by suggesting professional painting experts.Recently I have done home renovation where I have painted my entire home,and they helped me in solving my all painting and even staining issues. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:05:24 PM by admin »